Mary Ann of mypenandme nominated me for a Super Sweet Blogging Award, and I could not be more thrilled! I am in great company with her other nominees, and I feel so honored to be recognized in this way. Please check out Mary Ann’s blog, after you’re done admiring these beautiful cupcakes.
The Super Sweet Blogging Award requires responses to a few questions, as follows:
1) Cookies or cake? Cake, and preferably a piece of real cake, not a cupcake.
2) Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate, but as I get older, I appreciate the subtleties of vanilla more than I used to. In a restaurant, I will almost never order the boring chocolate thing if there’s a more interesting nonchocolate option available.
3) What is your favorite sweet treat? Because it’s summer and there are Red Haven peaches at the farmer’s market, I am thinking of peach shortcakes. I use the recipe on the Bisquick box. I think I cut the amount of sugar I use on the fruit, and I add some orange or lemon juice so the peaches don’t turn quite so brown. I whip cream, which is always fun because there’s that moment where if you go a step too far, you’ve made butter instead.
4) When do you crave sweet things the most? At the end of the workday or after dinner.
5) If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? My late mother used to call me Biddy, or Bid for short. It would be sweet to hear her call me that again.
And finally, I need to nominate some others whose blogs I enjoy:
That was hard … I enjoy so many, particularly on Open Link Night at dVerse Poets. Please go visit all my nominees, and thanks again, Mary Ann from mypenandme!